Friday, July 12

Our Wedding: The Ceremony

Now that we are in the heart of wedding season, I thought it would be a great time to finally share the details of our August 2012 wedding.  As we approach our 1 year anniversary, I look back on our wedding day and realize that it absolutely incredible.  I wish that all of my memories weren't such a blur.. that I had a calmer mind and was able to soak all of the moments in.  But the truth is that it happened in a flash.  Thankfully our wonderful photographer captured some incredibly special moments.



















Some of my favorite parts of this ceremony include how personalized we made it.  Our very good friend Dave was our officiant.  Having him share great memories and kind words about us made our ceremony feel so intimate and personal.  

I walked down the aisle to "Sea of Love," originally sung by Cat Power, but beautifully arranged by a duo local called She Hates Me.  They are some of my favorite local musicians, and I was ecstatic that they were willing to play at our ceremony.  

This photo of my father and me was taken just after the bridesmaids walked down the aisle, and about 5 seconds before the rain began to fall.  Looking back, the rain made it absolutely magical.  It started to come down just ask we began to walk.  Between the music, the rain... it was perfect.




Another favorite moment included our friend's reading of the poem, "How Falling in Love is Like Owning a Dog." 



To create a type of time capsule for the ceremony, we purchased a personalized wine box.  Because our venue was also a winery, we used a bottle of their wine.  During the rehearsal dinner, we asked friends and family to write us a brief note to put it inside.  This was a very last-minute idea on my part.  If I would have planned this earlier, I probably would have included this idea into my bridal shower so that we could have collected more keepsakes from our loved ones.  Nevertheless, we're planning to open it on our 5th anniversary.




The beautiful flowers were done by my friend Eleanor, who is actually a landscape architect and runs her own company, Sparrow and Brambles.  We stayed with very traditional colors with only minimal touches of pink, using mostly wax flower, mums and roses.




Naturally, Browny was our ring-bearer.  And I cried a lot.




As the ceremony ended, we walked out with our beloved pup as they sang "Two of Us" by The Beatles.  

Erik's Suit: custom from David Wilson Men's Shop
Wine Box for Ceremony: Rustic20 Etsy Shop
Wedding Paper: Simply Inviting
Dress: from Wedding Atelier
Hair and Makeup: Bauhaus
Wedding Sign: homemade

Hope you enjoyed the photos, I'll share our reception details soon!

4 comments:

  1. such a beautiful bride! and I really like your bridesmaids dresses too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Choosing bridesmaids dresses were incredibly difficult, my sister ended up making that decision for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the most beautiful weddings I've seen. And you look so pretty

    ReplyDelete